Wednesday, January 12, 2005

It's About That Time...

After nearly 18 years in Southern California, it's time to move on. I've decided to relocate myself to a small mountain town that I've been visiting, working in, and occassionally living in for about 13 years now. What's not to love about SoCal, you ask? How about the traffic, a lot of the people, and the high cost of living. I'm not alone in this exodus--most of my closest friends have already gotten out. I'm just "The Next To Go."

I'm intending this blog to mainly be about the experience of moving from a city to a rural town, but first I would just like to state that there are many wonderful things about L.A. Almost 3 years ago I made a list of the things that I really love about Los Angeles (in no particular order).

1.) Bob's Big Boy in Burbank
2.) The Hollywood Bowl
3.) the ocean
4.) The Derby & The Dresden
5.) Pasadena Ballroom Dance Association
6.) within driving distance of Mexico
7.) the weather
8.) The Magic Castle
9.) Grauman's Chinese Theatre & the Cinerama Dome
10.) open 24 hours
11.) Los Angeles County Museum of Art
12.) Central Library
13.) Sunset Boulevard
14.) Don Antonio's
15.) Landmark Theatres
16.) C&O Trattoria
17.) Canter's Deli
18.) ImagExperts (photo lab)
19.) Topanga Canyon, Las Virgenes, and Kanaan Rd.
20.) Magic Mountain
21.) Record Surplus
22.) the jacarandas
23.) the community colleges
24.) my dentist, Dr. Shawaf
25.) my mechanic, Ryan Ito
26.) my framer, Steve Levine, and his cat Sixx
27.) eucalyptus trees
28.) Hennessey & Ingalls
29.) The Sewing Arts Center
30.) the elevator for Encounters at LAX
31.) my friends

If you're ever in town, you should check out some of these people & places.

Special thanks to Matt for helping me set up this Blog, and to James for the idea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home